July 3rd, 2013
As far as multi-functional furniture goes, the ottoman is a pretty little work horse. A place to rest your feet, or a drink, or some magazines. Extra seating for entertaining. And storage. The tufted turquoise ottoman pictured above is an exquisite centerpiece which brings a fantastic splash of colour.
CA Custom Furniture
Cube shaped storage ottomans hide toys, hobbies, and whatever else you want to keep close at hand but out of sight. You could use one or group two or more together. Assign one to each of your kids for easy clean up.
Bench ottomans are a lovely type of ottoman you can use at the end of a bed, in a hallway, behind a sofa and many other little spots you require a spot to sit for a bit. And again in turquoise. Ottomans are available in a range of shapes and colours, but to customize your space many places will help you choose a custom fabric or leather.
September 25th, 2012
Image via Decorology
This masculine bedroom showcases proper pops of turquoise in all the right places! I love it for so many reasons I will count them out to you!
1. The geometric pattern of the curtain is repeated in a smaller dose on the bed with a single pillow.
2. The throw at the end of the bed and two of the other pillows are mixed with crisp white bedding with an elegant edging detail.
3. The wall behind the divinely tufted headboard is papered in a non-evasive print.
4. The wall opposite is painted a neutral shade lifted from the wallpaper (or was it vice versa?)
5. The oatmeal wall is home to a lively painting that ties separate pops of turquoise together, as one.
6. The lovely grouping of mini vases include turquoise and introduce green into the mix.
While this room showcases a pop of turquoise you can introduce any bright hue into your bedroom by hiding a little peek of it here and there without making any permanent changes to a neutral backdrop. Turquoise is a fun fresh colour I just can’t get enough of.